Reading aloud to your child should be fun for both of you.
- Pick a book that you like. Make sure it is one that lends itself to being read aloud -- not too many words per page, and the words should describe what is happening in the illustrations.
- Do not finish a book that you both are not enjoying.
- Put yourselves in a comfortable setting that does not have too many distractions.
- Let your child help turn the pages.
- Read with expression. Try tp change up the tone and volume while reading.
- Read aloud every day.
- Repeat books so your child learns to "read" to you and tell the story.
- Ask questions about the story and characters. Listen to your child's answers.